When it comes to home comfort, cooling is an essential part of the equation. The debate over central or window air conditioning units has almost come to an end as central AC offers more energy efficiency and stability, which is very important for a safe and comfortable home.
However, air conditioners need maintenance like all other HVAC appliances to ensure efficient performance and safety for the home’s inhabitants. AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL may be broken up into two parts – routine maintenance and seasonal maintenance.
When we say routine maintenance, we are referring to the small tasks that should be completed every now and then to help maintain the unit’s efficiency, preferably on a monthly basis. Most of these AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL tasks can be done by homeowners, such as:
- Air Filter Cleaning: Nearly anyone is familiar with this job. Every time you clean your air filter, it allows for better airflow, which aids in better cooling. It also helps extend your air conditioner’s life and lowers energy bills since the unit doesn’t have to work as hard to cool the home.
- Thermostat Cleaning: Dirty thermostats may be the reason why your system is not working efficiently. It is likely sending an incorrect temperature reading if uncleaned. Take time to clean it along with the batteries to help with AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL.
- Clearing Obstructions: Heavy objects like furniture and toys should always be moved away from the air cooling system so it will receive proper airflow. You never want objects resting above, as this can create holes in your ceiling or walls.
- Duct Inspection: Ducts are prone to damage, especially after a home is affected by water. Check the ducts for possible moisture or mold, which may be a sign of damage and also harmful to your health.
This type of AC maintenance in Pompano Beach, FL is done only once or twice a year. It involves a little more work and usually requires the help of an HVAC professional. Some examples of seasonal maintenance tasks include:
- Cleaning Refrigerant Lines: The refrigerant lines collect dirt, dust, and other foreign particles. These things can make your AC less efficient if left for too long. An expert should clean the coils and refrigerant lines to help improve unit efficiency and safety.
- Attic Inspection: This is best done with infrared camera equipment as it detects any cracks and leaks in the ducts, which can make your home uncomfortable. You may also discover other problems related to your air conditioners, like pests and possible duct blockage.
- Outdoor Inspection: The outdoor unit needs to be inspected for dirt and debris, which can cause the fan not to work properly. A reliable AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL technician will ensure it functions properly and ensures the refrigerant pressure is on par with industry standards.
- Electrical Inspection: The electrical panel in your home is where the AC compressor and relay are found. A faulty or oversized breaker may hinder the efficacy of the unit. Unless you are a trained professional, do not attempt to change any electrical wires, as it can cause fire or shock.
- Inspection of Condensate Drain: A clogged condensate drain can lead to a water leak, resulting in excessive moisture and property damage. Hire a professional to clear the drain and ensure there is no risk of moisture buildup, which can lead to mold growth.
AC Maintenance Tasks You Should Leave to the Pros
While there are some AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL tasks that the average homeowner can do, others require an inspection by a qualified technician since they require specific equipment or knowledge.
Here are a few tasks that you should leave to the pros:
- Recharging Refrigerant
Refrigerants need a specific amount of pressure for proper circulation throughout the property. If overfilled or underfilled, your air conditioner may not work to its fullest capacity. Uneven cooling, leaks, and poor efficiency are common signs of a low refrigerant level. The HVAC contractor uses special equipment, such as an infrared camera, to check the pressure level and recharge it as needed.
- Adding Electrical Components
As with heating units, air cooling systems rely on a complex electrical network. If you have to add any components or fix the wiring, you should call a reliable AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL service provider. Many things can go wrong when you venture into the electrical system as a homeowner, which puts your safety at risk.
- Installing New Parts
Your air conditioner may be old and the latest parts are unavailable for the model, or you simply want to upgrade it. The task of installing new parts requires a lot of technical know-how and experience. The HVAC manufacturer might void the warranty if you install them incorrectly, so it is always best to err on the side of caution and have a professional install it.
- Repairing or Replacing the Compressor
The compressor serves as the heart of an air conditioning unit that requires a professional touch. The average homeowner can replace a fan or clean a filter, but the AC compressor is more than just plugging in an electrical component. Part of the technician’s routine job is to check it for the presence of cracks or leaks and adjust the voltage.
- Flushing Condensate Drains
The condensation drain collects dirt and other contaminants, which can lead to mold growth. A professional AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL technician knows what kind of equipment they need to flush the drain and avoid clogging. Some equipment or materials you use to clean the condensate may be too harsh on the system and damage it.
- Determining Efficiency Levels
Your air cooling system has an estimated efficiency level based on size and age. If it is working above or below the expected levels, a technician can help you determine if it needs repairs or replacement. The efficiency level determines how much you save on monthly energy bills, so an inefficient unit can cost you more.
- Maintaining the Mechanical Parts
The mechanical parts like the fan and motor need to be maintained with special lubricants so they don’t fail. The AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL professional can inspect the system for signs of wear and tear and take preventive measures if necessary. For example, they might add a desiccant to prevent moisture and rust.
Make Air Conditioning Maintenance a Priority
AC maintenance is an overlooked but important part of home ownership and business management. Although it is easy to forget about the upkeep of your air conditioner, regular maintenance will save you money in the long run. Plus, prevention is always better than a costly repair!
The following are some key benefits of making AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL a priority.
Extend the Life of Your Unit
When one component breaks down, it can cause other parts to deteriorate faster. So, it is important to address any issues quickly before they become bigger problems. According to HVAC experts, you can prolong your unit’s lifespan by up to 15 percent with proper TLC.
Improve Efficiency & Save Money
When an air conditioner is not properly maintained, it takes longer to cool down your home or office—which means higher energy bills for you! Regular tune-ups help keep your unit running at peak efficiency, saving you money on utilities every month. Additionally, replacing filters on a regular basis improves indoor air quality since dust and other pollutants will be trapped instead of being circulated through the vents.
Prevent Problems Before They Start
During an inspection, a professional technician will check for any potential problems that could develop in the future and recommend solutions if any are found. This proactive approach ensures that any issue is addressed immediately rather than waiting until something breaks down completely—which can result in costly repairs or even replacing the entire unit.
Even if no problems are present during an AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL inspection, they can still provide helpful advice on how best to maintain your AC unit going forward so that you don’t have to worry about potential problems later.
Maintain Healthy Air Quality
Did you know that 50% of air contaminants are traced back to the HVAC system? Any time your air conditioner is on, your family or employees are breathing in air that may contain dirt, dust, mold spores, and other “unhealthy” kinds of air inside. Regular maintenance requires a thorough inspection of the airflow, fan, and evaporator coil for efficient operation. It also reduces the amount of contaminants in the air, such as dust and pollen.
Trust Echo Air Conditioning to Maintain Your AC
For something as important as your AC unit, you should only trust a professional to repair or maintain it. Echo Air Conditioning has been in the business for more than 50 years and has a highly experienced team of well-versed technicians in AC maintenance Pompano Beach, FL. We are available 24/7, so don’t hesitate to give us a call anytime.Get started today – call (954) 466-0756!